In today’s hectic world where we feel so electronically “plugged” in all the time with emails, texts, etc….it is easy to keep working past quitting time, at home, in the car, wherever we happen to be. Not officially turning ourselves off can be stressful and affect our sleep at night.
Try setting yourself a deadline where responsibilities from your office or job are done for the day. No more checking emails or making phone calls. You are DONE– you’re calling it a day. The time is up to you. It could be 5:00 pm or 8:00 pm. Just designate a time and then stick with it regularly. The pressure will lift. You will train your mind and body to know when it is quitting time and time to begin unwinding. Unwinding time: time for yourself, friends, family, couple time, glass of wine, bath, nice dinner, tv, music, reading for pleasure, making love, and finally SLEEP. Ahhhh…..
(This post inspired by article in May 17, 2010 issue of Woman’s World entitled “Rejuvenate by setting a deadline!”, p. 26)
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia