Regret. Worry. Mistakes. Woulda Coulda Shoulda…. this is the stuff of angst filled days and sleepless nights.
For years I did this to myself. It is not a good place to be in.
Here are four things to focus on:
1. Be in the present (there are lot’s of good books out there on this subject such as Eckart Tolle’s Power of Now).
2. Practice acceptance and just let it go. Surrender. Sometimes “letting go and letting God” is the best thing to do for our peace of mind especially if it is circumstances that are beyond our control.
3. Practice forgiveness. Forgive yourself, Forgive your parents, Forgive exes. Forgive politicians. Forgive former employers. Forgive bullies from our childhood. We are all doing the best we can at the time with what we have. Let it go. The past need no longer hurt us if we no longer give it any power.
4. Practice appreciation for all the blessings we have now. What we appreciate appreciates.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia