The Ghosts Of Our Past
Many of us who are having a hard time sleeping at night get stuck in an anxious state of fretting about something that happened in the past. Or that we remembered happening in the past. Memory is a subjective thing. What we remember may or may not have happened that way. The point though, is, it was in the past as in NOT NOW. Something from our past does not have to have any power over us or hurt us if we don’t let it.
I spent years worrying about things from my past. I made myself miserable doing this.
Keep in mind that we do not need to think in ways that do not serve us.
- We are not victims
- All we have is the present. Worry , anger, and regret about the past is a waste of time
- When we catch ourselves going back in the past we can take out a tool out of our toolboxes such as meditation and just get in the NOW.
- Practice acceptance, forgive, and let it go and surrender
Much peace will fill our lives once we let the past stay where it belongs: in the past.
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia