Move your body during the day for restful sleep at night
Are you active during the day? I love to work out. If for whatever reason I don’t get enough exercise I don’t sleep as well at night. We were not meant be sedentary creatures. Too much time in front of the tv, behind our desks, or in our vehicles is just not good for us.We need to move! Set an intention to get more movement in your day. It doesn’t have to mean a two hour work out in a gym (although that is great if you have the time and are inspired to do so). Any amounts of movement add up.
- Take a walk
- Take a bike ride
- Roll around and stretch on the floor
- Have some mini dumbbell weights around and take a break from your reading, commercial time during tv, etc. to do a few bicep curls, etc.
- When you think to, do 10 jumping jacks
- Take flights of stairs instead the elevator
- Park further away from the store you are going to shop at
- Use tension isometric exercises throughout your day
- If you are a mom, dad, or teacher- move and play with the kids!
- Always try new things to make exercise fun
- Workout with a friend
- Visualize yourself fit and trim and healthy and moving!
- Make love
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia