An Evening Prayer (from the Jewish Faith)
I will be posting prayers on a regular basis from a variety of sources. The Warm Milk Journal does not promote one religion over the other. My spirituality is somewhat eclectic in that I find scripture and prayers from different faiths to be beautiful and supportive of my spiritual growth, peace of mind, and a restful night of sleep.
This one just happens to come from reformed Judaism (the religion of my childhood)
An evening prayer (from Gates Of The House: The New Union Home Prayer Book)
Lord, Your touch unseen brings sleep upon my eyes, You make
my lids grow heavy with the night. Grant that I may lie down
in peace, and rise up to life renewed. Let Your majesty and
beauty be in my thought at end of day, and at the moment of
Lord, Guardian of Israel, You neither slumber nor sleep.
Blessed are You by day, and blessed by night; blessed when
we lie down, blessed when we rise up. For in Your hands are
the souls of all living and the spirits of all flesh.
May angels’ wings caress me all through the night; let Your
good presence hover at my side. Lord, spread the shelter of
Your peace upon me, my dear ones, and all Your children.
Into Your hands I commend my body and my spirit, both when
I sleep and when I wake. In Your presence, I cast off fear and
lie down to restful sleep.
1 Comment »
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia