Two Evening Prayers from Marianne Williamson’s Illuminata
I have been a fan of Marianne Williamson for many years. Here are a couple of evening prayers for us from her wonderful book, Illuminata A Return To Prayer:
Thank you for this day.
Thank you for my safety and the safety of my loved ones.
As I enter sleep, may these hours give me peace.
May they bring healing to my mind and body.
While I sleep, dear Lord, please bless the world.
Where there is pain, where there are people who
have no place to sleep, who suffer and who
die, may Your angels come unto them and
minister to their lives.
Please let the light stream in.
Please use my hours of sleep,
Please prepare me, during these hours of rest,
for greater service to You.
May the light that surrounds me, tomorrow
shine through me.
Soften my heart.
Thank you, Lord.
I surrender to you the day now over.
May only the love remain.
Take all else into the fire of your transformative
Release me, release others, from any effects of
my wrongmindedness or wrongdoing.
Return me to your light.
As I now give to You who I am, what I did, who
I loved, who I failed to love, please make all
Take all things.
May I continue to grow in Your light and love.
Tomorrow, may I be better.
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia