Not Getting Enough Sleep?- Don’t Sweat It!
Yes, it is miserable to not be getting our sleep. Sometimes I think though that we stress so much about not sleeping that it makes our insomnia even worse. Who has been there lying in your bed and you are just staring at your clock, watching the minutes and hours pass, thinking about how terrible you are going to feel at work the next day…
The best thing we can do for ourselves is not worry about it. Okay, we are not getting our ideal number of hours of sleep tonight but we will be okay. This has taken me a long time to figure out but I really believe the best thing we can do for ourselves is to get our minds off our insomnia.The things we focus on increase. If we are focused on not sleeping we will most likely continue to not sleep. Make sense?
This premise is the main underlying purpose of the Warm Milk Journal. Distraction. Diversion, Centering. The goal is getting our minds on something else besides the fact that we are not sleeping.
So the next time you are really stressed about sleeping tell yourself it is okay. This is not a crisis. Get up and read a book, stretch, meditate, write in your journal, etc.
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia