Reasons for anxiety
During times in my life when I have suffered intense anxiety and sleepless nights I have found that these are often the underlying reasons for the anxiety:
4. Wanting something I don’t have
If I am worried, angry, fearful , or feel like I am lacking something I want is basically because I am in some way not accepting what is and I am not totally in the present.
A good thing to remember is that what we resist persists. What we appreciate appreciates.
Being in the now and practicing acceptance and appreciation for what we have really helps put us in a more peaceful state of mind. It will lessen our anxiety and attract good things to our lives (including a restful night of sleep!)
Get out your journal and ask yourself what you are possible resisting or not accepting in your life?
How can you let that mental habit go and replace it with a more accepting and thankful attitude?
These are big questions and you may not get the answers overnight but it is a good process to begin. Increased awareness is an excellent start.
When anxiety is ruling us we are stuck in a negative thought pattern. So we need to start breaking those patterns.
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia