Writing a story in my mind
Something that has helped me fall back asleep during restless, sleepless nights is thinking of a story I want to write.
I think of the setting, characters, plot development, etc. I think of as many details as possible as I lie there in my bed. Before I know it, I have fallen back asleep. Perhaps this works because it got my mind off my worries or the fact that I was not sleeping.
We can use our journals to write down these ideas as well- and, who knows? We may have some great ideas there for some future stories to write. I often think when we are in that semiconscious state our minds are often more creative, more intuitive, and more spiritual.
Another thing I might do when I am in this semi-asleep, semi-awake state is tap into my dream world. Sometimes I can bring up dreams I had many years ago! When I do this, I enjoy the images and then fall back into a nice sleep.
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia