Declutter Your Environment
Our living, work, and mental space have a definite impact on our well being. If my house, classroom, car, closet, bedroom, mind are a mess then I am probably not getting the most restful sleep possible.
It is finally Spring. What a nice time to clean, organize, and de-clutter our spaces. There are plenty of books and articles out there on this subject. The important thing is to not get overwhelmed. Remember the earlier post about baby steps? Any little thing you do that cleans, organizes, simplifies, and streamlines your life is a step in the right direction.
Get out your journal and write down some things you can do. Envision your clean, uncluttered environment as if it is already that way now. Enjoy the peace and solace of that vision. Then take action. Even if it is just one thing (like giving that sweater away that you never wear anymore), you will feel better. It is very cleansing to get rid of clutter.
The universe abhors a vacuum. By getting rid of the things that no longer please and nurture you, you are making room in your life for opportunities and better things . A bonus too is that a clean orderly bedroom will promote more restful sleep!
1 Comment »
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia