“A Well Spent Day Brings Happy Sleep” – Leonardo Da Vinci
How are we spending our days?
Do we find time to do things that we enjoy, that challenge us, that promote connecting with others? For many years I was a stay at home mom. Although raising young children is rewarding it can be lonely and isolating (at the time I was living in Seattle and the climate probably didn’t help). I think I experienced some of my worst anxiety during those years. I would get myself out by working out at the gym, having lunch with friends, doing playgroups with other moms, joining a bunco group, becoming a Girl Scout leader etc.
We humans need: social interaction, mental stimulation, projects- things to do! We need a sense of purpose.
I think people who are alone a lot may be particularly prone to depression, anxiety, and insomnia. This group may include: stay at home moms, self employed people, any one who works from the home, retired folks, the elderly.
I would encourage anyone who is alone a lot during the day to get out and connect with others, start a project, a new hobby, join a club of some kind, do volunteer work- stay busy.
Then, at bedtime, your mind will think “time for a rest. I have put in a full day.” Good night!
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia