Ten Thoughts About Finances
Finances is one topic that keeps many of us up at night. Gaining a healthy perspective about our financial life will greatly lessen our anxiety levels and help us sleep.
Ten thoughts for today:
1. Life tends to ebb and flow. If you are experiencing some kind of financial hardship right now, know that this is temporary.
2. Money is nice to have, but it does not define who we are as human beings. In other words, we do not need to take a small paycheck, small bank account balance, or low credit score personally. They are just numbers. They are not us.
3. If a bill is not paid today, it will not be the end of the world.
4. There are many great books out there to help us manage finances, invest, and develop a prosperous mindset. Here are just a few that are near my bedside table at the moment: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker, and Your Money Or Your Life by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez. Make a commitment to yourself to learn about your relationship with money and begin cultivating empowering thoughts about your financial status.
5. List action steps in your journal of things you can do right now to improve your financial situation. Knowing that you have some kind of action plan will greatly lesson your anxiety and help you feel more in control.
6. Consider tithing. Even if you think you can’t afford it, give what you can. Write down some ideas in your journal about causes or organizations that you feel passionate about and would like to support. Just the thought of giving will make you feel better.
7. You are supported. You are taken care. You are safe. You have everything that you need.
8. Write a list of everything that you are thankful for right now. This list represents the many blessings that are in your life.
9. Brainstorm ways to supplement your income. Don’t edit or prejudge. Just list any ideas that come to mind.
10. Start or join a mastermind/prosperity/support group that is made up of like minded people that will support you and your financial goals.
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia