The healing power of laughter
“When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, ‘Did you sleep good?’ I said ‘No, I made a few mistakes.'”
– Steven Wright
Have you had a good belly aching laugh lately? Laughter is known to have many benefits including: lowering stress, lowering blood pressure, releasing good chemicals throughout our bodies, and helping us to not take ourselves too seriously.
Try this laughter meditation: at least once a day, laugh for a full 2 minutes. Whether you feel like laughing or not- just do it.
See how that makes you feel after wards.
The more we laugh, the more joyful and centered we will become. Then we will be more likely to have more restful nights of sleep.
So laugh. Ha! Ha! Ha!!!!! ; ) LOL!!!
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia