A wonderful way to get our minds centered is to use an ancient meditation technique from India called Japa.
It is very simple. Japa means to say the name of God repeatedly. Depending on our religious faith, that could mean different things to different people. The practice is the same for all of us, however. In a relaxed, meditative state chant the word: Jesus, Adonai, Allah, the Divine, or whatever has spiritual significance for you and say that word over and over again.
This kind of meditation will help us get to a higher level of awareness.
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia