Why journaling is so powerful
Journaling has many benefits. For those of us with insomnia and anxiety issues, it gets our minds off the fact that we are not sleeping or off of whatever thoughts are producing our worry or anxiety.
Three ways to use our journals:
1. Gratitude Journal: Keep an ongoing list of things we are thankful for. Studies show that gratitude is very healthy for us. What we appreciate appreciates. Focus on the good in our life and chances are we will attract more good.
2. Dream journal: write down our dreams. Our brains are processing a lot when we are sleeping. Over time writing down details of our dreams may tap us into our innermost, intuitive world and help us to know ourselves better. Developing our intuition can be a powerful tool to live life fully and do what is best for us.
3. Making Lists: Write down goals, things we want to do, places to visit, people to reconnect with, things we love, etc. Writing down lists and goals help give us a positive forward moving direction in our lives: momentum!
1 Comment »
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia