Does warm milk really induce sleep?
Warm milk does have small traces of calcium, tryptophan and melatonin- proteins and chemicals that are known to induce sleep. Mostly I think, though, we have warm comforting memories associated with milk. Mother’s milk. If it works, wonderful. I personally find warmed up almonds milk to be absolutely delicious and relaxing. Tea can have the same effect too. Perhaps just a warm beverage of any kind nurtures our bodies, spirits, and souls.
I read recently an article about couples who give their partners a warm beverage produce loving feelings in their partners. I know I feel loved and cared for when my partner brings me coffee in bed on a weekend morning. I sometimes do the same for him and serving him that warm beverage does induce i me very giving, loving feelings for him.
Sitting alone during a quiet time of meditation, I feel that I really am not alone with that warm cup of tea in my hands. God or spirit is with me…
In sum, a warm beverage such as warm milk, coffee, or tea can certainly be a comfort to us and help us to be calm, feel nurtured, and at peace. It is much easier to go back into a restful sleep in that relaxed state of mind.
No comments yet.
- The Warm Milk Journal Has moved !
- Expect The Unexpected
- Eating That Elephant One Little Bite At A Time
- Finding Our Voice: Speaking Up For Ourselves
- “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. Breathe”- Japanese Saying
- Feeling Overwhelmed On Our “Low” Days
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety”-Psalm 4:8
- Setting Ourselves A Deadline: A simple tip for de-stressing and getting better sleep
- The Mew Way:To Nap or Not To Nap? Mew says: “nap!”
- Guess what my daughter just gave me for Mother’s Day?
- Journal Writing: the benefits of keeping different kinds of journals
- Looking Forward To A Good Night Sleep Tonight
- Benefits of Journal Writing
- creative writing
- Heartwarming Stories
- journal writing
- Physical Exercises
- The Mew Way
- The Warm Milk Journal
- Tips to help insomnia